Sunday, October 2, 2011

Me Vs. The Pavement

no i didn't "kiss" the pavement as I went down. quite the contrary actually. my feet were angry... and tried for about an hour to beat the pavement to death. my legs help support it. and my core helped balance myself for the beating... the pavement won.
and my body felt the consequence.
today was my first "long run" it was a consecutive hour. of myself, my chemical romance and blink 182. of course the new album, neighborhoods and danger days.

breakfast: Pumpkin Waffles.
they were slightly crispy. soft. spiced. perfect start to October.
recipe:
makes 1 serving (3 little waffles)

1/4c White Whole Wheat Flour
1/4c unsweetened vanilla almond milk (TJ brand)
2tbs pumpkin puree
1 egg white
1tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
1/4 tbs baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1tsp honey

mix dry. mix vanilla, milk, pumpkin puree. then mix wet and dry. beat egg white until forms stiff peaks, then fold into batter. should make 3 small waffles or 2 full size waffles.

serve with honey, maple syrup or agave nectar.

after (5mi) run smoothie.

5 frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
3 blackberries (unsweetened)
juice of 1 orange
1/4 scoop of protein powder
1/2 tsp chia seeds
stevia (to taste)

blend blend blend.
sip sip sip.
yum yum yum.

blink 182 - not now

No comments:

Post a Comment